Tuesday, January 22, 2013


Past, Present, Future

Being an only child has always had its advantages and disadvantages. Growing up my dad was always in and out of the hospital, for one reason or another. Having no brothers or sisters made it hard because I had no one to share what I was going through with. My mom, on the other hand was always like the mom and dad of the family, two in one. One of the reasons I liked being an only child was that I got more things than most of my friends, and while they argued with sibling over clothes, toys, etc. I didn’t have to deal with that issue. Soon though, I realized that material things didn’t make up for loneliness.
            Almost turning 19 now, I can say I am independent. Yes I still live with my parents, but also work and go to school full time. Having 4 classes and working is not easy, but I’ve learned to manage my time. Making sure to always buy food, and help my parents with bills is one of my priorities. This past year I also found the guy of my dreams. The type of guy that still opens the door for me, pulls my chair out for me and respects me, in other words a gentlemen. Having my parents healthy and someone there for me that loves me for who I am is more than I could have ever hoped for. Maybe, I had to go through some pain growing up to find true happiness.
            I have big dreams for my future, bigger dreams than the average person does. Majoring in Sociology and business is my main goal. I am not sure what specific job I want yet, but I know I want to work in that field. I don’t just want to be financially stable but also be able to buy and give my children as much as I can, just like my parents did. Most importantly though, having that partner that loves me by my side supporting me with my dreams, is what will really matter.
            

9 comments:

  1. Congrats at finding that special guy. He sounds like a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your future success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 2 sisters that I fought a lot with while growing up so I had my days where I wished I was an only child but overall it was a blast having them there to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was an only child for fifteen years, and i agree with you, it did have its advantages. Hopefully everything goes will with you and your boyfriend. I wish you two the best. (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on the sociology major, wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you are truly motivated to go forward with your dreams. Good luck to you and your prince charming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel your pain with taking 4 classes and working. I also work full time and go to school full time, taking 4 classes. It gets hard to work, go to school and have somewhat of a life. But, time management is the key. As long as you have that you will do fine in accomplishing your dreams. I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats awsome! I hope you obtain your dreams and goals just make sure you stick to those 4 classes it may not be easy but you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to hear that your independence allows you to grow. Keep up trying and you'll achieve your goals, no problem.

    ReplyDelete