Tuesday, February 5, 2013


Fast Food Nations
Blog #2

            Fast food as a young child played a huge part in my life, and at the time I didn’t even know it. I cant remember one weekend that I wouldn’t get one happy meal. At a point it was like playing a game to see who could collect the whole collection of toys. Of course I never got it all because most times the toys just repeated themselves. Another factor that kept me going back as I remember were the $1 chicken nuggets every Tuesday. Even though it was a huge part of my life at the time, it never has been or was for my parents.  I remember there being times when my parents wouldn’t want to take me and I would get so upset until they finally gave in and took me. The only place I would go as a child was McDonalds. The other places like Carl’s Jr., Burger King, etc. never once got my attention, not once. Was it the happy meals, Ronald McDonald that attracted me more to McDonalds? Probably. Whatever the reason though, at the time I truly believed that a happy meal would make me happy.
           
            I am ashamed to say this but growing up until now, my fast food habits have gone up. I enjoy eating fast food rather than home cooked meals. There are times when that subject causes an argument between my parents and me. Yes, I know I spend much more money buying fast food than eating at home, but to be honest I am tired of home cooked meals. I believe though that there will be a time when I get tired of eating fast food and start eating at home again. From the fries and Hi-C drink at McDonalds that I love, to the new Dorito Tacos at Taco Bell, new recipes and food are coming out and the advertising just draws people in. For those of you that are wondering, no I am not obese or overweight for that matter. Eating all this fast food just doesn’t make me gain weight; whether that’s a bad thing or good thing I still haven’t quite figured that out. The good thing is that I don’t gain weight, but fast food is sill unhealthy so I wonder what all this fatty food is doing to my body in the inside.  The reason fast food has suddenly become such a huge part of my life I believe is because with school and work I don’t have much time for anything, so pulling up next to a drive thru and just ordering without having to get off the car is such a quick and easy way to get food. Especially when I’m in a hurry from one place to another.

No comments:

Post a Comment