Family
When the word family is said, my mom
and dad come to mind. Having no brothers or sisters has made me an only child
all my life. With that being said, my mom is and has always been my best
friend, sister, and mom all in one. My dad on the other hand has never been as
open with me and is more of a reserved person. However, since the three of us
is all we have we stick together, help each other, and are always there for one
another.
Family to other people might mean
aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents. To me however, family is the people I
have lived with since I was born, the people that raised me and loved me.
Family isn’t just about the people that share the same blood as you. It goes
much further than that. Family is about giving love and receiving it. One word
I remember hearing as a child in a Disney movie was “Ojana”. Ojana means,
“Nobody gets left behind or forgotten”. When I first heard that I felt like
that saying just summed up the word in a simple way for me.
Having my dad being sick often
unites my family more. When he’s in the hospital I help my mom out at home
while she is at work, knowing she will be tired by the time she’s out. She, in
an attempt to get along better with me, doesn’t nag at me as much. She is more
understanding while I am too more helpful and give her less trouble.
Through everything we have experienced and the struggles we
are still faced with, we manage to make it through. Growing up has made me
realize and taught me that there are certain responsibilities I just have to
take up on. One of them, being, able to help out with the housework and helping
with the bills. Family to me is everything; almost loosing my dad not once but
twice has been more than enough to know I wont always have them around.
Therefore while I have them here with me I must cherish and appreciate them,
love them and show them how much they mean to me. Not many appreciate what they
have until it is gone, and take them for granted. I have taken my family for
granted at times, it’s sad to say but I have. Now however, I put them and will
continue putting them first. My mom and dad the people that raised me and made
me the person I am today are the people I owe everything to.
Sorry to hear about your father. I agree that many of us take for granted the people that matter the most to us. I have made changes too, and I now make sure that I always tell those people how important they are to me and that Im grateful to have them. It only takes a moment to share those feelings to someone and it can mean the world to them.
ReplyDeleteIts sad to say but we do sometimes take our families for granted. I agree with you we should appreciate what we have before it's gone.
ReplyDelete