Texting
Blog Entry #4
Texting is
something that mostly everyone knows how to do nowadays. Ranging from mothers, grandmas, teenagers, to
even children now! It is simply an easier and faster way to communicate with
someone. Also, it is a way to communicate with someone when you don’t want to
confront him or her in person, or over the phone. Texting provides the luxury
of being able to communicate with anyone at any given time with a simple send
of a message. When someone is busy, instead of having a missed call and not
knowing what that person who called had to say, a message can be sent and him
or her can read it when they have the time. While texting has its advantages
I’d also have to say that texting can be harmful and dangerous. Being able to
text someone takes away that feeling of actually hearing the persons voice and
knowing if they’re happy, mad, or even upset. It is also dangerous in the sense
that people text while driving even though it is now illegal.
Having had
a phone since I was in eight grade, I have been texting since. Back then, I
texted more than I called because of the fact that we didn’t have unlimited
minutes in our phone plan. However, nowadays I simply prefer calling or talking
in person. It might make me old fashioned but I simply hate replying to my
messages now. If that person has something important to say then I assume they
will call me. Maybe it was all the texting I’ve done since I have had a phone
or maybe I just grew out of it; whatever the fact texting is everywhere. It
might not be for everyone but I do believe, even with its downsides, that it is
helpful to know how to text, you never know when you might need it.
I think we all take advantage of that luxury, that unfortunately for some it comes with consequences.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you. Texting can be dangerous since a lot of people text while driving.
ReplyDeleteI agree how texting can get a little annoying now, i prefer to talk to someone in person or on the phone as well.
ReplyDeleteYou can call me old fashion too! Theres nothing that can compare to the human voice, "emotioncons" are so limited.
ReplyDeleteIt's funny you call hearing someones voice "Old Fashion". I guess I'm new wave because I prefer Texting, haha.
ReplyDeleteMost of the time I would rather text, but I have my days where I don't even want to look at my phone.
ReplyDelete